Tuesday, February 5, 2008

How Can I Tell If Someone Is Taking Drugs

Dear Ruth,

I moved to the United States a few years ago from a small village in Europe. I am terrified that my 13 year-old-son will get involved with the wrong friends and use drugs.

What can I do to prevent this from happening? Recently he said that he is going out with friends from school that I've never met.

How will I know if his friends are good for him or taking drugs?

Worried Mother

Dear Worried Mother,

Ask your son to tell you the names of this friends, one at a time.

If your body gets a sick feeling when you hear a name, your intuition is telling you to be alert.

Listen for another name and note if your body feels worse or better.

Each time you hear a name, the worse you feel, the more likely the person with the name, will not be the type of boy you want your son to be friends with. Pay attention and take courage. Invite the boy over and listen to him.

The more you practice the above exercise, the more you will know who to trust and who not to trust.

Send me your results.



No comments: