Friday, February 1, 2008

How Can I Stop Getting Burned Out?

Dear Ruth, Two good friends have lost a family member and are suffering from guilt, and depression. I am getting burned out listening while trying to help them.

Should I surround myself with the the white light to protect me?

What can I do to stop taking on their emotional pains?
Burned Out

Dear Burned Out,

You're trying to hard to solve their problems. All that does is make you feel helpless.

Your friends are hurting. Love them, pray for them, but don't become like them. If you do you'll get sucked up by their negative energies.

There are underlying reasons for grief and pain. Good listening will help you get past what they say and often they'll tell you what they need to do.

When they say something that sounds right, encourage them.

The world is going through a terrible change. We are all a part of this change.

Surround yourself with positive affirmations to stay afloat.

Blessings.





No comments: