Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mysterious Phone Calls

Dear Ruth,

Strangest thing happened to me last evening while talking to my cousin in Georgia. We ended our call about 8PM because he needed to go to bed.

Around midnight I was talking to someone in California and kept getting beeped on the other line. The called ID said Georgia, but no number or name. When I switched over, all I got was crackling and static sounds. This kept happening and every time I'd get the same noises.

I waited till the morning and tried calling my cousin again, who said he didn't call during the night.

Before I get spooked again, can you give me an explanation for this?

Haunted

Dear Haunted,

Your experience leads me to believe you have a problem with the mechanical aspects of your phone. Often people will call the same phone number a few times thinking they’ve dialed wrong.

Before I assume someone from the other side was trying to contact you, I called the phone company and posed your experience to the man in charge of customer service who gave me the following ideas;
  1. either you or your cousin had not hung up the phone correctly...
  2. you may have had a cross connection with another phone...
  3. if your cousin to has the busy signal call back service this would explain why your phone kept ringing every five minutes and explain why his state name was on your caller ID.
  4. torn wire, trouble in the phone lines, a storm between your location and the caller’s home, the battery on your phone needs replacement, etc.
If it was a spirit calling, she or he will call again and again. If this doesn’t happen, assume you had a bad connection.

Let me know what happens.


No comments: